So, this is Christmas
and what have you done?
another year over
and a new one just begun…
Yes, the 12 Blogs of Christmas are back! If something only three years old can be classified as a tradition, then let’s celebrate this one. The 12 guest bloggers have been chosen, chased, cajoled, encouraged and cuddled. Now it’s time to unwrap the seasonal goodies. But all in good time.
2015 has been an interesting year for me. It started with a much needed two month break between jobs – my longest ever spell of not working – and finished with me as a Director of the 35th largest growing company in New Zealand (according to Deloitte)!
My professional highlights of the year:
- I’ve gone from in-house HR to the dark side of consulting
- I’ve got to work with an extraordinarily talented and amazing team
- I’ve worked with a variety of exciting and interesting clients
- I helped organise the #NZLEAD Wellington unconference
- I set up an HR meet up group
- I presented at IT18
- I got to go to the HR Tech Fest and several other amazing conferences
- I’ve been lucky enough to mentor some truly inspiring young people
- I’ve met some amazing and inspirational new people
- I built stronger relationships with many of my existing network
- and nobody tried to sue me.
On a personal level, I celebrated 25 year of marriage, managed a quick trip back home to the UK, my kids continued to amaze me, Chelsea were crowned league champions, England won the Ashes, the cricket world cup provided some incredible entertainment, I got to see some really good bands and nobody close to me died. All of these things made me happy. All in all, a pretty good year personally and professionally.
But enough about me. I never know what I’m going to get when I approach people to write these posts. I put my faith in them and they usually deliver. I am sure this year will be no exception.
So starting next week I’ll be publishing a new post every day or so until just before Christmas. Be sure to come and check them out and leave feedback and comments. Oh, and please be gentle with them. None of them asked to do this and, well, it is nearly Christmas.
2 thoughts on “It’s Christmasss!”
Great to see the 12 Blogs back for another year – the festive season wouldn’t be the same without them.
Greeat read thanks